A family practice physician provides primary care to patients of all ages. They treat various medical conditions and assist patients in managing their overall health and well-being. They provide preventive care, diagnose and treat illnesses, and, when necessary, coordinate care with other specialists. Family practice physician Lady Lake plays an important role in assisting patients in maintaining their health and preventing chronic diseases.
When visiting a family practice physician, you should expect comprehensive, patient-centered medical care. During a visit, you can expect the following:
- Medical history review: The doctor will ask you about your medical history, including any past illnesses, surgeries, and medications you are taking.
- Physical examination: The physician may perform a physical exam to assess your overall health and identify any health issues.
- Diagnostic tests include laboratory tests, imaging studies, or other diagnostic tests to help diagnose a condition.
- Treatment plan: You should expect the physician to discuss the diagnosis and any necessary treatment options with you and develop a personalized treatment plan.
A family practice physician provides a wide range of medical services, including:
The physician can advise on women’s health, which helps prevent and detect health problems early. Family practice physicians can also provide advice and guidance on healthy lifestyles, such as proper diet and exercise, that can help women maintain good health throughout their lives.
Additionally, they can provide preventive care services, such as screenings and immunizations, to help prevent serious health problems from developing. By working with a family practice physician, women can receive personalized, comprehensive care that helps them stay healthy and manage any health issues that may arise.
Under men’s health, it is possible to expect the following services from a family practice physician:
- Screening for prostate cancer: Regular prostate exams and PSA tests to screen for prostate cancer.
- Sexual health: Diagnosis and treatment of sexual health problems, such as erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation.
- Testosterone therapy: Prescribing testosterone therapy to manage testosterone deficiency.
- Heart health: Monitoring and managing heart disease, including blood pressure and cholesterol control.
- Mental health: Diagnosis and treatment of mental health conditions, such as depression and anxiety.
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is a chronic lung condition that makes breathing difficult. Family practice physicians can help patients manage COPD by:
- COPD diagnosis is confirmed through pulmonary function tests and medical history evaluations.
- Treatment consists of prescribing medications such as bronchodilators and steroids to manage COPD symptoms and improve lung function.
- Lifestyle changes, such as quitting smoking, can aid in managing COPD and preventing complications.
Weight management involves a range of activities aimed at achieving and maintaining a healthy weight, including; assessment of body composition, such as measuring body fat, muscle mass, and other factors to determine a person’s overall health status.
It entails examining a person’s eating habits and level of physical activity to identify areas for improvement and making dietary changes to reduce caloric intake and achieve weight loss. Another concept is increased physical activity and regular physical activity to burn calories and improve overall health.
Contact your family practice physician at Integrated Family Medical Center if you are looking for these services.