Apart from being a staple in the kitchen, onions hair also have many benefits. It is a staple of Indian cooking but Onion oil benefits are mostly overlooked due to tears. It is time we explored beyond its strong smell how this simple vegetable has affected our health and beauty.
Properties of onion
Onion is rich in sulfur which contains vitamins A, C, E and B-complex. They are also known to boost the immune system, fight infection, control blood sugar, and aid with digestive problems. Due to the presence of plant pigments called quercetin, they lighten the complexion and protect against harmful UV rays and free radicals. Its anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties help fight acne, reduce cough and phlegm and also heal wounds.
Benefits of onion oil for hair
Onion oil nourishes the hair follicles and restores the nutrients. They reduce hair breakage and thinning as they are rich in sulphur. It also fights dandruff and promotes hair growth. Increases hair strength, reduces graying and protects against lice.
How to use
- Put some onions in water and boil them. Sieve and keep it to cool down. Wash hair with this water.
- For head lice, make a paste of 3 tbsp fenugreek seeds and onion oil. Soak the seeds in water overnight and make a paste the next morning. Leave on for 30 minutes and wash off.
- Use diluted onion oil to massage the hair roots. Leave it on for 30 minutes and then wash it off.
- Applying onion oil mixed with olive or other oils for scalp massage can spread it well
- You can also make a hair pack by mixing onion oil with honey, curry leaves or curd.
Skin benefits from onion oil
Onion oil nourishes our skin to repair it completely. It makes the skin soft and smooth, reduces dark spots and pigmentation and also treats acne. It also acts as a natural exfoliator.
How to use
- Make a face pack by mixing a few drops of onion oil with gram flour and curd. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then wash off with plain water.
- You can also massage your skin with onion juice to give a youthful glow to the skin.
- Apply onion oil mixed with olive or lavender oil. Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes. Then clean it with a cotton ball soaked in milk.
- Mix a few drops of onion oil with curd and apply on your face and wash it off with water.
- To soften the lips, apply a thin layer of fresh onion juice on the lips or apply a drop of onion oil mixed with vitamin E oil overnight.
Please check this content is very high quality: nba crackstream
Health benefits of onion oil
- Improve heart health
- Promote healthy digestion
- Help maintain bone health
- Relieve earache
- Get sleep
- Improve eye health
How to use onion oil?
If it is to be taken by mouth, it should be diluted with warm water. It helps with indigestion but take it only after consulting a doctor.
Side Effects of Onion Oil
- Pregnant and lactating women should avoid taking onion oil.
- It can interact with several medicines.
- Patch test for allergies should be done if using it externally.
Read For More Related Articles Click here.