Medical obesity is one of the prevalent problems worldwide affecting people of all age groups. This significantly increases your risk of a variety of health problems such as diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and depression. Being overweight can have a debilitating effect impairing your routine activities.
Weight loss specialist Fairfax provides medical solutions for weight loss focusing on nutrition, activity, and lifestyle changes.
Introduction to medical weight loss
Medical weight loss is defined as a process of losing excess weight under the supervision of your healthcare provider, using their knowledge and clinical experience.
Health consequences of obesity Complications
Being overweight or obese can put you at a fix since it increases your likelihood of many serious diseases and health conditions. These include:
- Type 2 diabetes (your body does not produce enough insulin or resists insulin)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Coronary heart disease (buildup of plaque in your coronary arteries)
- Osteoarthritis (inflammation of the bone and cartilage within a joint)
- Breathing problems
- Sleep apnea
- High cholesterol levels
- Mental illnesses such as depression, and anxiety
- Recurrent body pain and limited physical movements
- Poor quality of life
Collaborative medical weight loss therapies Complications
Medical weight loss program is tailor-made according to your unique needs depending on the cause of obesity. This includes an array of therapies used collectively for effective weight loss.
- Your doctor will include an appropriate diet plan designed for you which includes foods lower in calories.
- This may include a high protein diet, low carbohydrate diet, and intermittent fasting.
- This involves diagnostic tests that help to determine the underlying cause of obesity.
- For example, blood tests can reveal problems related to the thyroid gland that may trigger obesity.
- Your doctor may recommend various workouts to lose weight and find weight loss exercises that best suit your desired lifestyle.
Medications and pharmacotherapy
- Prescription weight loss medication helps your body to burn extra energy.
Behavioral counseling and patient education
- This aims to spread awareness about the ill effects of being obese and how it can be overcome.
- Guiding you about proper diet, and active lifestyle to increase your life expectancy.
Losing weight can be intimidating. But by trusting the qualification and experience of a doctor and pursuing a medical weight loss program, you can rest assured that you are receiving professional, customized care that is tailored to your unique needs.
Following the program developed by a doctor will ensure the best opportunity to lose weight and achieve the healthy lifestyle you desire.